Leveraging both a belief in the role of youth in improving the Arab region and an understanding of the importance in analyzing their needs to help them make a positive change, the Arab Youth Center conducted this pioneering survey across the Arab Region to identify the most critical priorities for young people in the Arab World in collaboration with YouGov. Approximately 7,000 Arab youth between the ages of 15 and 34 years from different Arab countries patriated in the Arab Youth Priorities Survey. The survey findings were analyzed to identify youth needs and explore ways to achieve them. The Arab Youth Center will make its results accessible to government officials, experts in the Arab region, and other decision makers to help build a better future for youth across the Arab region.
Arab Youth Priorities Survey Objectives:
- Shed the light on what youth priorities are across critical sectors including education, health, employment opportunities, sources of income, social life, self-development, environment, security, entertainment, infrastructure, and technological development in their home countries.
- Determine the most important priorities within these sectors in each of the Arab countries
- Compare the priorities of Arab youth and identifying similarities between their needs
- Offer a general understanding of the results at the macro level taking into consideration the local context in each countr
- Make general recommendations that can be essential to effectively representing the priorities of Arab youth